Booking a Course
2. Your place is confirmed once the relevant deposit for each course has been received by Usui Reiki Academy Surrey and your place on the booked course is then deemed secure. The place cannot be reserved until cleared funds have been received.
4. There will be a chance to speak to Amanda White Usui Reiki Master/Teacher by telephone upon booking to ensure you feel comfortable with your choice of Amanda as your mentor and have any questions that you may have answered. If you decide at this stage not to go ahead within 24 hours of the conversation, Usui Reiki Academy Surrey will be happy to refund any monies paid, less PayPal fees if settled using this method. After this period the deposit which is considered a students commitment is non-refundable and not transferrable to another date, except under exceptional circumstances. (Please see Cancellation Terms & Conditions below).
5. An itinerary of the course or workshop will be sent a week prior to the commencement of the dates which have been chosen (not including the Reiki Master/Teacher Residential Retreat which will be issued a month prior to commencement and non-residential Reiki Master Retreats 3 weeks prior to commencement). The full balance is then due upon receipt of the aforesaid communication and must be settled no later than the day before the start date of the course chosen.
6. If a student wishes to arrange instalments to help with spreading the cost, Usui Reiki Academy Surrey is happy to accommodate and keep a running balance, provided the full balance is settled no later than the day before the commencement of the course.
7. If a student is experiencing financial difficulties, a separate signed credit agreement may be arranged at the discretion of Amanda White founder of Usui Reiki Academy Surrey to continue a payment plan after the course has ended, at a mutually agreeable and manageable weekly or monthly instalment by the student to Usui Reiki Academy Surrey. This is under condition that a full deposit has been paid and is non-refundable or transferable in order to cover costs incurred by Usui Reiki Academy Surrey. A standing order must be set up by the student directly with their bank. The decision of a payment plan being agreed to, will be made based on individual circumstances and this policy is not a guarantee of being granted this payment option.
Cancellation Terms & Conditions
1. Sometimes life happens and interrupts our plans from time to time and this is acknowledged and understood by Usui Reiki Academy Surrey. With this in mind, certain conditions have been made and must be understood and agreed to by all parties upon securing the place on a chosen course.
2. The deposit is totally non-refundable if cancelled by you the student. If though, the space allocated to you can be filled by someone else because changes happen within a reasonable notice period, a refund may be given, less a reasonable admin fee to re-market the space, make necessary changes and cover expenses incurred. This may be deducted from the refunded deposit and the payee will be notified of the breakdown and if the space was filled. If Usui Reiki Academy Surrey is unable to fill the space, the deposit is non refundable.
3. If not attending or changes need to occur,
it is expected as far as is possible that the student will notify Usui Reiki
Academy Surrey at the earliest convenience and in a timely manner. The deposit
is also non-transferrable to another course date, unless under extreme and
exceptional circumstances (such as bereavement or
sudden illness and family crisis). This can only be done once and at the
discretion of Usui Reiki Academy Surrey.
4. If you decide to not attend the course, without prior notification (i.e no show), you will still be liable for the full cost of the course that you have booked and will be invoiced for the full balance that was due or if already paid in full, Usui Reiki Academy Surrey reserves the right to retain the full balance with no refund due to the student.
5. Cancellations for Residential Retreats only. If a student cancels their attendance 12-8 weeks prior to commencement, student will receive a full refund less the deposit. If a student cancels 8-4 weeks prior to commencement of the course, a full refund less the deposit and any additional costs incurred. With less than 4 weeks notice of cancellation, the Usui Reiki Academy Surrey reserves the right to offer no refund and the full cost of the course may be retained. Exceptional circumstances may be discussed with Amanda White and any refund or reallocation of fees remains as discretionary.
6. In the unlikely event that a course cancellation is due to the fault of Usui Reiki Academy Surrey for any of the courses provided, a full refund will be given, or if preferred transferred to another date.
1. The course material is the property of the Usui Reiki Academy Surrey and is protected by copyright. On one of our courses, Usui Reiki Academy Surrey has obtained permission to use historical resources of which, the copyright is owned by The International House of Reiki and must not be used without obtaining express permission from the copyright holder.
2. You are not permitted to reproduce any of our manuals without express written permission from Amanda White founder of Usui Reiki Academy Surrey, and if permission is granted, the credit and the copyright must remain intact. You will be in breach of contract by using, distributing or plagiarising the material or teaching directly from the material.
3. For professional practice, valid insurance is needed and can only be obtained upon receipt of your Professional Practitioner Certification. Prior to achieving this qualification and after receiving the Reiki 2/Okuden Certification students may be able to obtain student insurance and practice on the public but making it clear they are a student practitioner until such a time as they have completed their Professional Practitioner Certification. It is the students responsibility to check that your existing insurance company will accept the course for insurance purposes.
The courses at Usui Reiki Academy Surrey, are taught to a high standard throughout and although very confident, we do not take liability or responsibility for student conduct or teaching after training with us.
Our courses do not diagnose medical conditions and should not be treated as a substitute for medical or psychological care. Contraindications, integrations and benefits are discussed as part of the training, but cannot be assumed or intended to represent medical advice, nor be deemed to replace approved treatment routes to cure or prevent disease.
Usui Reiki Academy Surrey cannot accept responsibility to loss, theft or damage to students cars or property whilst on the training courses. Students will also endeavour to respect all equipment provided whilst attending.
If unsatisfied with any of the service which is provided, please do get in touch via email with Amanda White Founder of Usui Reiki Academy Surrey email@example.com or by post 22 Murrells Walk, Bookham, Surrey, KT23 3LP