Usui Reiki Academy Surrey
Booking & Cancellation Terms & Conditions
UPDATE 5TH SEPTEMBER 2020. Students cannot practice on each other in person under current legislation. I am devising a way to run the course where students may invite a member of their “bubble” to practice on for the second half day practical training. Those who cannot have another eligible person attend, will be offered separate group meeting dates via video online in real time with Amanda to be supervised and guided through this element of the training. Students who opt for the latter option will then receive their certification through the post when this is complete. Those learning Shinpiden level, will also be taught the additional Covid-19 awareness element, and guided as to how to teach under the current circumstances, and given full guidance as it stands at the time of the course to comply with the government guidelines.
Booking a Course
1. You may book a course either by using the website www.usuireikiacademy.co.uk, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling Amanda White Usui Reiki Master/Teacher directly by telephone on 07498 646914.
2. Your place is confirmed once the relevant deposit for each course has been received by Usui Reiki Academy Surrey and your place on the booked course is then deemed secure and the The Terms & Conditions have been agreed by yourself. The placement cannot be reserved until cleared funds have been received.
4. There will be a chance to speak to Amanda White Usui Reiki Master/Teacher by telephone upon booking to ensure you feel comfortable with your choice of Amanda as your mentor and have any questions that you may have answered. If you decide at this stage not to go ahead within 24 hours of the conversation, Usui Reiki Academy Surrey will refund any monies paid, less PayPal fees if settled using this method. After this period, the deposit which is considered a students’ commitment, is non-refundable and not transferrable to another date, except under exceptional circumstances. (Please see Cancellation Terms & Conditions below).
5. An itinerary
of the course or workshop booked will be sent to students one week prior to the
commencement of the course. Attached will be a questionnaire forming a
declaration of eligibility and health surrounding Covid-19 and a form of
acceptance of the protocols in place which must be signed by the student. The
protocols set out will be both what is expected by both Usui Reiki Academy
Surrey and any venues in which we use to host our courses. The health
questionnaire specifically should not be filled in until less than 24 hours
before the commencement of the course. This is exclusive of future Reiki
Master/Teacher Residential Retreats which will be issued a month prior to
commencement of the course and the non-residential master course, where it will
be issued 2 weeks prior to the commencement of the course. The full balance of
all courses are due 3 days after the sent date. It is the students’
responsibility to ensure all contact details are up to date by contacting
Amanda White via email on email@example.com.
6. Students should be aware that the use of PPE during courses should be adhered to when asked and where possible please bring your own. Temperature checks will be performed before entering the building at the start of each day and unfortunately may lead to refusal of entry should it show a reading above the safe level. We ask that all show understanding of these limitations in order to keep us all safe. I will of course arrange alternative training should this happen, at no extra cost to the student.
7. If a student wishes to pay by instalments to help with spreading the cost, Usui Reiki Academy Surrey can consider this arrangement and keep a running balance, provided the full balance is settled before the itinerary has been sent as in clause 5 of these Terms and Conditions.
8. If a student is experiencing financial difficulties, a separate signed credit agreement may be arranged at the discretion of Amanda White founder of Usui Reiki Academy Surrey on a case by case basis, to continue a payment plan after the course has ended. It will be considered at a mutually agreeable and manageable weekly or monthly instalment by the student to Usui Reiki Academy Surrey. This is under condition that a full deposit has been paid and is non-refundable or transferrable in order to cover costs incurred by Usui Reiki Academy Surrey. A standing order must be set up by the student directly with their bank on a regular date agreed between the student and Amanda White. The decision of a payment plan being agreed to, will be made based on individual circumstances and this policy is not a guarantee of being granted this payment option. (This credit option only applies to the residential retreats provided by Usui Reiki Academy Surrey and not to the non-residential courses and workshops which must be paid in full prior to the course).
9. If you have studied Reiki before but it has included any of the criteria below, it would be a requirement to begin your study from Reiki 1 and regain certification with either Usui Reiki Academy Surrey, or another verified Master/Teacher with a lineage that is intact and has been checked. The below does not satisfy the requirements for core curriculum set by the Reiki Council and would not be acceptable to join any regulatory bodies for Reiki.
Online Reiki Courses
Reiki 1 & 2 of less than 16 hours each level (in person) training with a verified Reiki Master/Teacher (Theory may though be provided via video link - but practicals must be supervised in person)
Having not received attunement in person with a verified Reiki Master Teacher
10. Should students have received training elsewhere, and wish to continue their journey with Usui Reiki Academy Surrey, you are very welcome. However, since training and branches of reiki vary so greatly, it is a requirement that previous knowledge and training is discussed prior to attending. I provide as a good will gesture to students free of charge a meeting to go over this and any practical elements, but only after the commitment of a deposit has been settled. This is to show respect to the practice and my integrity towards giving the best to all my students. Previous lineage and certification should also be presented. If during the meeting it is agreed by both parties that it would be prudent to repeat a level, then the deposit will be transferred accordingly.
Cancellation Terms & Conditions
1. Sometimes life happens and interrupts our plans from time to time and this is acknowledged and understood by Usui Reiki Academy Surrey. With this in mind, certain conditions have been made and must be understood and agreed to by all parties upon securing the place on a chosen course.
2. The deposit is totally non-refundable if cancelled by you the student. It is also non-transferrable to another course date, unless under extreme and exceptional circumstances, (such as Covid-19 symptoms or contact with someone infected, bereavement or sudden illness and family crisis). This can only be done once and for reasons other than Covid-19 at the discretion of Usui Reiki Academy Surrey.
3. However if I am able to fill the space allocated to you in time, a full refund can be given. An admin fee to re-market the space, make necessary changes and cover expenses incurred, may though be deducted from the refunded or transferred deposit.
3. If cancellation occurs due to Covid-19, it is expected that the student self-isolate for 14 days and not re-book on any course which is within this period. It would be with greatest appreciation if as much notice as possible could be given in any situation, but thank all those who cancel and rearrange due to being symptomatic or becoming aware of being in contact with someone infected, or symptomatic family member, for being thoughtful and considerate to all those who would have been in contact otherwise during the course.
4. If not attending the course or changes need to occur, it is expected as far as is possible that the student will notify Usui Reiki Academy Surrey on 07498 646914 at the earliest convenience and in a timely manner.
5. If you decide to not attend the course, without prior notification (i.e no show), you will still be liable for the full cost of the course that you have booked and will be invoiced for the full balance that was due or if already paid in full, Usui Reiki Academy Surrey reserves the right to retain the full balance with no refund due to the student.
6. Cancellations for Residential Retreats only. If a student cancels their attendance 12-8 weeks prior to commencement, student will receive a full refund less the deposit. If a student cancels 8-4 weeks prior to commencement of the course, a full refund less the deposit and any additional costs incurred. With less than 4-weeks notice of cancellation, the Usui Reiki Academy Surrey reserves the right to offer no refund and the full cost of the course may be retained. Exceptional circumstances may be discussed with Amanda White and any refund or reallocation of fees remains as discretionary.
7. In the
unlikely event that a course cancellation is due to the fault of Usui Reiki
Academy Surrey for any of the courses provided, a full refund will be given, or
if preferred transferred to another date. It may be though that due to the
current guidelines or due to illness in myself or my family to Covid-19 or
contact with an infected person, that changes may happen last minute, in such
case, in these unforeseeable circumstances, arrangements will be made to
transfer to another available date and it will be a priority to ensure all due
diligence is taken in giving as much notice as possible. This measure would
sincerely be for the safety of you all and your loved ones, so I ask all
students to be aware that it’s imperative that we all remain more flexible and
patient during this time to support each other and the wider population. I
humbly ask for your patience should this occur.
8. Usui Reiki Academy Surrey will not be liable for any costs a student may incur by joining or the cancellation of a course.
1. The course material is the property of the Usui Reiki Academy Surrey and is protected by copyright. On one of our courses, Usui Reiki Academy Surrey has obtained permission to use historical resources of which, the copyright is owned by The International House of Reiki and must not be used without obtaining express permission from the copyright holder.
2. You are not permitted to reproduce any of our manuals without express written permission from Amanda White founder of Usui Reiki Academy Surrey, and if permission is granted, the credit and the copyright must remain intact. You will be in breach of contract by using, distributing or plagiarising the material or teaching directly from the material.
3. For professional practice, valid insurance is needed and can only be obtained upon receipt of your level 2 certification. It is the students’ responsibility to check that existing insurance companies will accept the course for insurance purposes. It has now been made compulsory for any professional practitioner, who wishes to join a regulatory body such as the UK Reiki Federation for example, that further modules of study are completed to obtain Professional Practitioner membership.
4. Due to Covid-19, Usui Reiki Academy Surrey will now also be providing teaching on all courses to include new ways of practising under the current guidelines.
The courses at Usui Reiki Academy Surrey, are taught to a high standard throughout and although very confident of the integrity of all students that have learnt with us, we do not take liability or responsibility for student conduct or teaching after training with us. Students will personally be held accountable for their own conduct in business and in practice at any time.
Our courses do not diagnose medical conditions and should not be treated as a substitute for medical or psychological care. Contraindications, integrations and benefits are discussed as part of the training but cannot be assumed or intended to represent medical advice, nor be deemed to replace approved treatment routes to cure or prevent disease.
Usui Reiki Academy Surrey cannot accept responsibility to loss, theft or damage to students’ cars or property whilst on the training courses. Students will also endeavour to respect all equipment provided whilst attending.
If unsatisfied with any of the service which is provided, please do get in touch via email with Amanda White Founder of Usui Reiki Academy Surrey firstname.lastname@example.org or by post 22 Murrells Walk, Bookham, Surrey, KT23 3LP